If you’re trying to save video from an online stream on your Mac, you’ll instantly encounter a big problem: Most streaming websites don’t have a convenient way for you to do so. That doesn’t mean it is impossible however, it just means that you need to find a workaround, and one of the easiest would be to utilize the Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac.
The core idea behind using the software is simple: Because the Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac will allow you to record whatever is on your screen, all you need to do is record the streaming video while it is playing on your screen. Even assuming you’ve never tried to do anything like this in the past, you’ll find that it really isn’t that difficult with the software because it is so intuitive and user-friendly.
In fact, it will just take a few simple steps for you to record any and every streaming video you need:
- Start the software and set the capture video to encompass the streaming video that you intend to record.
- Make sure the audio source is set to ‘system audio’ so that it captures the audio from the stream too.
- Set the timer if you’d like the recording to stop automatically after a certain duration.
- Click ‘REC’ when you’re ready to start the recording, and stop it when the video is done.
- Once you’re ready, save the recording using one of the presets available to optimize the video format and settings based on the device or platform you’re using.
One of the other advantages of using the Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac is that you’ll also have a suite of editing tools at your disposal. As such, you can choose to trim unwanted segments from your video, combine segments, and insert stylish transitions and filters, and much more. All these features are extremely accessible, so you should have no issues putting them to good use.
Go ahead and try using the Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac to capture streaming video on Mac. Once you give it a go for yourself, you’ll see just how easy the entire process is, and the next time you need to record and save streaming video you should be able to set it all up in just a couple of minutes.